INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL FOR SEMIOTIC AND STRUCTURAL STUDIES, SUMMER SCHOOLS AND FESTIVAL: 25 YEARS SEMIOTICS IN IMATRA
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL FOR SEMIOTIC AND
STRUCTURAL STUDIES, SUMMER SCHOOLS AND FESTIVAL:
25 YEARS SEMIOTICS IN IMATRA
to be held in Imatra, Finland, June 11 – 15, 2010
We are pleased to announce the research seminars and International Summer School for Semiotic and Structural Studies. The seminars will be organized by the International Semiotics Institute (ISI) at Imatra and open to any
semiotician interested in the topics given below. The director of the Summer School and ISI, is Professor Eero Tarasti.
Dates and Locations of the Seminars:
June 11 – 15, 2010, Hotel Valtionhotelli, an art nouveau castle in Imatra, Eastern Finland (near the border of Russia and well-known for its historical, natural, and cultural attractions)
Symposiums (by topic):
1) Interrelationships of Arts: Gesture, Genre, Gender, The 29th Annual Meeting of the Semiotic Society of Finland (open also for international scholars), June 11-13
2) International Symposium on ‘Richard Wagner and his Symbols’ (together with the Finnish Wagner Society), June 13-14
3) Semiotics and Mathematics, with the Special Theme ‘Peirce, the Mathematician’, June 11-13
4) Meeting of the Project Planning the Pan-European Doctoral Program in Semiotics (funded by the EU, management by Finnbarents at the University of Lapland), June 14-15
5) 6th International Imatra Symposium on Semiotics and Translation Directors: Pirjo Kukkonen and Ritva Hartama-Heinonen, June 14-15
6) Applied Semiotics: Constructivism and Identity Formation Director: Zdzislaw Wasik (Philological School of Higher Education, Kolegium Karkonoskie in Jelenia Gora and Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan); other invited speakers: Anna Cislo (University of Wroclaw and Philological School of Higher Education in Wroclaw), Agnieszka Stepkowska, (The
Poznan College of Modern Languages), Jozef Zaprucki (Kolegium Karkonoskie in Jelenia Gora and Philological School of Higher Education in
Wroclaw), and Dagmara Jodlowska (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan), June 14-15
Each seminar consists of papers presented by both invited lecturers and participants. The aim of the summer school is to offer the participants
both up-to-date research and an opportunity to discuss thoroughly their projects with leading specialists in the various fields.
Duration of papers: 30 min. The working languages of the seminars and congresses are English, French, and German
June 11 – Registration and opening
celebration of the International Summer School of Semiotic Studies
June 12 -15 – 09.00-18.00 Seminar lectures and
Categories of Participation and Conditions of Admission:
There are two categories of participation:
1) Active: the participant will present a paper.
2) Passive: the participant will audit the summer school without presenting a paper.
An active participant must send a short curriculum vitae and a one-page abstract of his/her paper together with the registration form to the address given at the bottom of this letter. These materials should reach the organizers no later than April 15, 2010. The abstracts will be published as a booklet for the congresses, and should be sent both as a word-processing file (email attachment or saved to diskette) and in hard copy to the address given at the bottom of this letter.
A passive participant must send the registration form by April 30, 2010.
Participation Fee: 200 EUR (The fee covers lunch and two coffees a day from June 12-15 and an elegant evening reception and buffet on June 11th.)
Payment of fees must be made before April 30 by bank transfer to the ISI bank account with Sampo Bank. The international account number is IBAN
FI8780001802071697 and the BIC/SWIFT code DABAFIHH; Sampo bank, Unioninkatu 22, 00075 Sampo pankki
65 â #65533;/ person/ day/ in a double room, Castle hotel
Imatran Valtionhotelli: 60 â #65533; / person/ day/ in double room in Spa hotel
â #65533; / person/ day/ in a single room, Spa hotel
â #65533; / person/ day in a single room, Castle hotel
â #65533; / dinner/ day in the
Accommodation will be reserved from Valtionhotelli before 15.5.10 by name Summer School
tel + 358 5 625 2000 or email:
Accommodation in Summer Hostel Mansikkala
Pilvikuja 2B, 55100, tel +358 44 797 5452
38 â #65533; /per person/day/in s single room
58 â #65533;/ day/ double room
Breakfast 6 â #65533;/per person/day, please inform the hostel beforehand if you take a breakfast.
Accommodation will be reserved in Summer Hostel
Mansikkala before 1.6. by name ISI Summer School,
email: email@example.com, www.hostelmansikkala.com
For further information and / or to register, please contact:
International Semiotics Institute, Virastokatu 1, 55100 Imatra, Finland
tel. +358-20 617 6639, fax +358-20 617 6696
You are also encouraged to visit the ISI Internet website (address given above) for the most up-to-date information as it becomes available.
Director of Administration
International Semiotics Institute at Imatra
Cultural Centre, FIN – 55100 IMATRA
tel + 358 (0)20 617 6639, fax + 358 (0)20 617 6696
Attachments / Liitetiedostot :
* 1stannouncement_f.rtf (1stannouncement f.rtf)
* regform_2010.rtf (REGFORM 2010.rtf)
Tama viesti on SemioFoorumilta, alueelta: Tapahtumia./
This message is form SemioFoorumi, topicarea: Events
ks. / See: http://wwwedu.oulu.fi/semiofoorumi
Events / Tapahtumia
Events / Tapahtumia
Leave a Reply