Call for papers
International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies, Vol. VIII, 2020
Download: IJMS&DS VOL.VIII CFP
You may access the latest published research here
The International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies welcomes both conceptual and applied academic research, while also providing a forum where agencies may publicize case studies of projects they have undertaken for clients.
The International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies is an open-source, double blind-reviewed academic journal that covers a wide spectrum of interdisciplinary marketing/semiotic/discourse analytic research streams, spanning:
– Conceptual approaches and empirical research across the 5 P’s by drawing on different semiotic (post-structuralist, sociosemiotic, Peircean, structuralist, cultural, textual, visual, multimodal) and discourse analytic perspectives.
– Consumer cultural theory and research:
+ Cultural experiences, artefacts, practices, spectacles
+ In virtual, ‘real’, hyperreal environments
+ In individual or community settings
– Methodological frameworks for conducting research into product/service/retail branding, brand identity development, brand equity, packaging design, competitive packaging analysis, new product development, pricing, advertising, IMC development and competitive analysis, consumer behavior (offline and online).
– Comparing and contrasting existing marketing research conceptual and methodological frameworks with discourse analytic/semiotic ones.
– Cross-disciplinary approaches on marketing research issues that combine discourse analysis and semiotics with perspectives from the social sciences and the humanities, such as anthropology, literary studies, psychoanalysis, anthropology, rhetoric, sociology.
Acceptable contents and content formats include the following:
- Academic conceptual and empirical research papers (see Submission Guidelines here.
- Practitioners’ (agencies’) case studies
- Academic presentations (either as part of taught curricula or as delivered in academic conferences)
- Full books or individual chapters (either printed or in print)
- Book reviews
How you may benefit from submitting your research to IJMS&DS
- Fast review turn-arounds (one month on average)
- Immediate publication upon acceptance under the same annual volume
- No more endless deadlines (for you) and last minute bulk submissions (for us)
- 100% narrow-targeting a community that is interested in cross-disciplinary research between discourse analysis/semiotics and marketing streams.
If you wish to contribute to the International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies, please submit your content to:
Dr. George Rossolatos
Call for New Editorial Board Members
If inter-disciplinary research between discourse analysis/semiotics and marketing lies within your focal areas and you are committed to contribute substantially to this burgeoning stream, then you are welcome to join the Editorial team at the International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies.
Facts & Figures
- Established in 2012, and 8 volumes, 10.000 unique visitors down the line, IJMS&DS is currently the only journal that targets narrowly the research community that looks into ways of advancing inter-disciplinary research between marketing and semiotic/discourse analytic perspectives.
- Listed with SCOPUS since Vol.III
- With a vibrant Facebook community where news, reading materials and useful content are regularly posted
- Recognized by both marketing and semiotics research communities
- Send your bio note / CV (email: email@example.com) and a link to your research, and become part of a rapidly growing community of researchers.